Sunday, January 18, 2009


So the remainder of the week sorta just flew by. . . These were waiting for me when i arrived last Saturday. I havent uploaded pictures until today. 
I worked with heart and lung transplant patients, picu and cicu kids, and i worked in the ER Friday night until 11:30. All of the rotoations were great experiences, but were different in their own little ways. My favorite of all of them would have to of been the ER. I handled the exposer to the nastiness really well. I had warned Beth and he made me feel so much better about it. I got to see 2 eye brow lacs, a dog bits lac to the lip, an echo, a hip tap, and a couple of IV starts. I really handled all of it really well. Beth was very understanding and told me at any point if I felt like i needed to leave the room i could. That in itself made me feel better about the whole situation. I really enjoyed working with the staff down there. They were all so funny and just loved to hear me talk. They  tried to guess where I was from. Too funny! I loved the late night shift. I was able to be at the house by myself during the day. I loved it! I was able to sleep in and actually rest a little. I really hope I end up getting that rotation. I feel like i need to challenge myself and that would be a great place to do it.
I spent the afternoon running around town trying to find something to wear to Aaron and Gena's wedding. No luck! Nancy Stewart called and invited me over to tye food tonight. I am looking forward to spending time with them and getting to hold those babies. 
It has only been a week and it feels like it has been a month. I am looking forward to getting busy so the time will fly by. Just ready to see Ash. 18 days. . . such a long time! 

No comments: