Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Be you!

"Each bird must sing with his own throat."
-- Henrik Ibsen (1828-1906)

There are times in my life when I wish I could do something as well as someone else or possibly even be someone else. I think if we were being honest, we would have to admit we have done this once, twice or maybe every day. As hard as we try, for whatever reason, we will never be someone other than ourselves. BUT . . . . We can be amazing at who we truly are!

We all write, dance, learn, pray, and love in different ways. We have to love ourselves other for our individuality. . . because after all, that’s what makes us who we are! 

We can learn from others, build on what they have done, and apply our own unique touch to it. I have had to realize that no matter how hard I try, I am not perfect. Situations aren’t always going to be perfect, plans aren’t always going to go perfect, and my hair isn’t always going to look perfect. : )  Once I came to realize this, I felt as if I was finally living. I don't seem to worry about the little things as much any more. I give each day the best shot I can and that’s all I can do. When I lay my head down at night I want to know I gave it my all- every time!

You make a really great you!! March to your own drum and sing your own song . . . when we are being who we truly are on the inside it shows on the outside! Accept yourself and start living!! 

No comments: