Thursday, July 30, 2009

Barefoot and CRAZY! :)

Last week Ashley and I met Summer, Scott, and Ashley's family at Orange Beach. It was suppose to be an 8 hour drive for us, but after all of the construction, potty breaks, and rain delays it was somewhere about 9 or 10. We were about ready to kill each other by the time we got there, but after a good nights sleep we liked each other again. Ashley and Scott fished each morning while Summer and I hung out with Ashley's family on the beach. We had so much fun playing in the sand and finding shells with Kayden. The babies were so cute. All of us went out to eat the first night and just cooked in the rest of the week. The famous spam salad turned out not to be as bad as I expected it to be! I won't be craving it any time soon, but I will be willing to make it for Ash if he really wants it. It was great to get to spend time with his family. . . It just went by waay too fast. After an emotional church service and long goodbyes Sunday morning. . . we loaded up and headed back to Houston. We stopped and got a book on tape for the ride back so we actually could stand each other by the time we got to Texas. All in all it was a great trip. The guys got to catch a few fish, we got some sun, and got to spend quality time with the people that mean so much to Ash. We miss them all so much and can't wait to see them again! I am so thankful that he has such a great family that make me feel so welcome and treat me like I am one of them.
Summer and Scott
Flying with Uncle Ash


Petty Ladies

Pete and Repeat
Ashley and Brecken

Ashley and his Granny


Kinsey loves her uncle!
Reach Kinsey!!
Kristin and Ryan
Nana, Pete, and Kinsey



Ashley's definition of fun on the beach

This is what Scott and Ashley spent most of their trip doing. . .
and this is what Summer and I spent most of our trip doing!