Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Missing you!

I just got a text from a great friend I had in college. Mark and Matt Slavik are twins I met during my first few days at UCA. They are wonderful Christian men and were great friends to me during my time in Conway. Mark's text said that his Dad has passed away and then ended with the visitation and funeral times. I have lost touch with these guys and a lot of other friends over the past few years. It is sad how we all allow this to happen. I have no idea what has been going on with his dad. Now is not the time to drill him with a lot of questions, but it makes me sick to my stomach to think that one of my best friends just a few short years ago, has been going through something like this and I had no idea.

I need to do a better job of keeping in touch with friends and family. We never know what tomorrow might hold. I have experienced losing someone very close to me. Someone that knew me almost as well as I knew myself. The moments you think that will be recreated the next time you see that person. . . might not ever come to be for whatever reason. Please take time to contact these people and reconnect with them. Make the most of the time you have with the people that mean the most to you.  We all have those people in our lives that even though it might be months since the last time we talked about them. . . it really doesn't feel that way. Don't let something happen and regret not keeping in touch.

No comments: