Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We can't just say I love you, We have to live I love you!

Lovers Day this year was made special by one amazing guy! Shaun and I have been together for almost a year and let me tell ya . . . it has been one great ride. We have such great friends that we make memories with, but the moments that mean the most to me are the ones when we spend time with just the two of us. We didn't have big valentines plans because he didn't get off until 8. I met him at Shortly Smalls during his quick dinner break. We have really become fond of this place. . . Their fries are the best in town and their honey mustard is AWESOME! It our special little dinner place during the week so I saw no other way to spend valentines day. After he finished working I met him at his house where we were going to just spend a little time together and exchange the gifts we got each other. He started by opening the one I wrapped for him . . . In the pretty valentines wrapping paper with a matching bow was a razorback license plate that he had mentioned a while back he would like to have. Along with a sweet card I also put some pictures I had printed of us. After he finished it was my turn. I always get nervous when opening presents because he does such a good job of keeping things a secret. I had no idea what he had decided to do for me. He went to the pantry and pulled out two little boxes that he had wrapped in phone book pages. Apparently someone forgot to leave the valentine wrapping paper over there. . . that would be me! : ) It was so cute! He is such a great wrapper. I did say WRAPPER not RAPPER . . . even though he would agree with both! HA! After almost crying while reading my sweet card I went to open my little boxes. I asked which one I should open first and he said it didn't matter. . . I would know what it was by either one of them. Apparently they were connected in some way. I was totally blown away when I opened the box to find a new iPhone. For those of you that don't know . . . Shaun and the rest of our friends have had iPhone's for a while now. My phone on the other hand, has been around the block a few times. Don't get me wrong. . . I will fall in love with my new iPhone, but it's going to take a lot of patience and practice. I am so excited! I have been wanting a new iPod so this works as both. Can't wait to get it all hooked up and get started using it!! I will keep you posted on my progress! Oh yeah, and he got me a sweet case to go with it. I am pretty rough with things so it will keep it nice and safe!

Here is his fantastic wrapping job! : )



 I am a lucky girl . . . not just because of my gift, but because Shaun does his best DAILY to make me feel special. He is truly a great man and I am so very thankful for all the sunshine he brings into my life. I heard a song recently that sums it up pretty much perfectly: He loves me for me. Not for what I have done or what I will become. He loves me for ME!

                              I love us! 

No comments: